January 24, 2012. by TTSDolly
Our client, a Jewish non-profit organization leading in humanitarian assistance, is seeking a Social Media Strategist for ongoing contract work in New York City. Organization has a great mission and collaborative environment and we’re looking for someone to share our cause!
The Social Media Strategist will take the lead on developing and implementing a social media strategy in the organization’s website, donations, and other online efforts. They will work on developing brand awareness and generating inbound traffic. This role will also coordinate with other groups and individuals within the company to help convey a single message effectively when using social media outlets. The position will start immediately and last at least 3 months, possibly longer.
- Create strategies for opening the lines of social media communication and promoting two-way communications and involvement on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Actively set goals and evaluate progress of using social media as a tool to help further the mission of the organization.
- Provide guidance on when, what and how to post in various locations.
- Create guidelines for what is appropriate content on social media sites– Facebook, Twitter, etc. –and educate individuals and groups within the organization of these protocols.
- Help to refine existing social media content to ensure that the organization is posting irrelevant business ads, personal ads, or politically charged comments.
- 2-4 years experience working in a digital services position, at least 2 years managing social media outlets for a business/company
- Must currently live in New York City and be available for onsite work immediately
- Must be meticulous and goal-oriented
- Well-versed in and passionate about using social media as a tool for marketing
- Must be able to communicate well with others
- Experience in online advertising is preferred
To apply for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Filed under: Information Technology, Internet, Journalism, Marketing, NYC, New Media, Technology.
Apply For This Job Now