FOR MORE DETAIL AND TO APPLY:
Join the Union for Reform Judaism as we Strengthen synagogues and the Jewish community; Inspire the next generation; Lead in the pursuit of social justice; Partner with congregations in their sacred work; Provide valuable and unparalleled congregational resources.
The Director of Finance is responsible for planning, directing and controlling the financial and insurance functions of the Union for Reform Judaism, Canadian Council of Reform Judaism and the Union for Reform Judaism Canada.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems and Financial Controls:
- Reports to Chief Financial Officer, with “dotted line” reporting to the Senior Vice President in the capacity of Chief Administrative Officer in Canada.
- Oversee all financial operations and direct corporate financial planning and structure
- Manage the financial system, ensuing maximum productivity and that it meets the needs of the business today and the future
- Oversee the continuous improvement of Accounting and Financial Processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Develop, implement and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firm and review and analyze the results and recommend for approval the Audited Financial Statements
- Proficiency in all aspects of non-profit accounting and all pertinent GAAP and regulations
- Responsible for all corporate insurance and related activities; serve as lead staff liaison to Insurance Committee
- Develop Finance and Accounting team goals that are fully aligned with the Union’s goals
- Lead and coach the team to recruit and retain high caliber staff
- Provide coaching, guidance and support, set professional development plans to assist employees to reach their full potential through the Performance Management process.
- Ensure the team delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental and cross foundation teamwork and customer service
- Ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals
- Responsible for Financial Management Reporting for the Union
- Develop and prepare a monthly Management Reporting Package
- Present monthly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results
- Develop regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required
Budgeting and Financial Modeling
- Assist the CFO in the annual business plan development and budgeting process
- Assist the CFO in the quarterly outlook process
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to Affiliates as needed.
Customer Service & Communication
- Ensure consistent service delivery in a consultative and solutions-based capacity to all levels of staff and volunteers with regard to financially related Union plans, policies and procedures by the Finance Team.
- Special Projects as assigned by Senior Management Team
- 10 years working knowledge in accounting and finance with at least 6 years supervisory experience.
- You must have experience with all key areas mentioned. Public company experience preferred but not required. Experience in non-profit accounting a bonus.
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- You must have a passion for getting things done, and an appreciation for details. You must believe in continual process improvement, but you must be ready to jump in to handle fires as they occur.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Knowledge of Financial and ERP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
FOR MORE DETAIL AND TO APPLY: