November 1, 2012. by JFN
The Jewish Funders Network is an international network that provides leadership, programs and services to help Jewish grant makers be more effective and strategic in their philanthropy.
The Director of Member Services is responsible for developing JFN’s Relationship Management strategy including membership recruitment and retention. The Director is also tasked with identifying opportunities to cultivate interconnectedness between members, enhancing the value proposition and membership experience towards strengthening the network’s overall impact in the Jewish world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with CEO to realize new top tier memberships in the global market place
- Increase membership revenue through dues and make recommendations for the implementation of additional earned income strategies that meet the needs of our members
- Develop and implement strategies to grow the JFN membership base through recruiting new members from current and new audiences, and through developing membership retention strategies
- Create wholesale opportunities for integrating new types of memberships into the network
- Identify opportunities for JFN partnerships with and between members of the network including Member to Member customized introductions
- Contribute to overall organization effectiveness through the development of membership integration strategies for each JFN initiative
- Work with Director of Programs on recruitment strategies for the Conference and other programs
- Work in partnership with CEO to identify trends in JFN membership and the broader Jewish world to create opportunities for JFN members
- Develop and implement JFN Relationship Management strategy for members at all levels of the network
- Work along side the chair of the Board Membership committee to articulate JFN’s value proposition and mobilize the committee to support JFN in the growth of the network
- Recommend and implement strategies to improve member value proposition through the creation and implementation new systems, services and programs
- Manage all member communications and messages, in partnership with the Director of Strategic Communications
- Work in partnership with JFN Israel and JFN West to deliver consistent and cohesive experience for all members
- Supervise team of professionals who support Member Services to insure consistent, quality experiences for JFN members
- Manage all aspects of membership administration, including database, new memberships, renewals, policies, recordkeeping, correspondence, etc. in cooperation with JFN Membership and Database Manager
- Minimum 7 years experience as a senior professional with a deep understanding of JFN members and potential members, and a creative sense about the role JFN can play in independent Jewish philanthropy
- Proven track record in recruitment, retention and expansion of membership and revenue
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability and commitment to being part of a dynamic staff team
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility
- Ability to maximize the use of technology as a user-friendly, service enhancement benefit of JFN membership
- Comfort working with wealthy individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Personal commitment to the Jewish philanthropic enterprise
- Willingness to travel
JFN offers a competitive compensation and benefits program. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, salary expectations and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org – please include “Director Member Services” in the subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.
Filed under: NYC, NYJJB Featured Jobs, Non-Profit.
Apply For This Job Now