National Risk Managers is a fast growing Insurance Related Field Services. Specializes in premium audits, and loss control consulting throughout the tri-State area and Connecticut.
NRM is seeking energetic and dependable individuals in the North Jersey Region, as well as Rockland County and Upstate New York Region (Westchester, Peekskill). To conduct physical audits on Workers’ Compensation and General Liability policies for various Insurance Companies. Qualified candidates will, perform field audits, and travel to meet with clients or accountants at their place of business to examine financial records such as payroll registers, quarterly 941’s/SUTA’s, general ledger, sales ledger, etc. to determine the correct premium base.
A premium auditor aids the insurance industry by writing reports that identify risk allowing insurance carriers to determine policy premiums We schedule an appointment with the policy holder, and you visit the insured location, review financial documents, and generate a prompt, accurate report.
The position requires daily travel as these audits are performed at various business locations and/or accountant’s offices.
We do the scheduling in-house so as to save the auditor time.
Experience preferred but will train the right candidate.
THIS IS NOT A SALES JOB
* Applicants must be organized
* Detail oriented
* Time Management Skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Outgoing and pleasant yet professional personality
* Tech savvy
* Strong PC Skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Proficient with Internet explorer and Google
* Daily regional traveling
* Capable of learning industry specific software programs
* Car is a must
Preferred but not necessary;
* Knowledge of accounting principles
* Accounting/Bookkeeping/Payroll experience
* Premium Audit experience
* Understanding of Insurance Principles
We are offering;
* Competitive Salary
* Paid Training
* Tuition Reimbursement/Industry Certification
Interested candidates forward resume to: email@example.com
The Jewish Community Project (JCP) of Lower Manhattan, Inc. was founded in 2002 as a grass-roots effort to grow Jewish life in downtown NYC. Based in Tribeca, JCP is an open and organic Jewish community which enables individuals and families to become a creative force in the life of the organization, and to connect to others through Jewish educational, cultural, social, and spiritual programs. The organization serves approximately 600 families and individuals living in downtown Manhattan.
The JCP philosophy encourages people to have a strong sense of personal ownership in their Jewish lives, and offers the tools to design and explore one’s own personal or family Jewish journey. As a post-denominational organization, JCP seeks to provide offerings to families of diverse Jewish and interfaith backgrounds who wish to connect and enjoy a sense of community. Its warm and inviting environment allows people to express their Jewish identities at all stages of life, through high quality, innovative and creative programming.
Today, JCP operates a prominent early childhood center, which includes a Jewish community preschool and a variety of programming for children ages 6 months to 5 years; a pre-school day camp; a Hebrew school; community-wide Shabbat and holiday programs throughout the year; and adult education..
For more information about JCP visit our website at www.jcpdowntown.org
About the Position:
The Business and Finance Associate reports to the Senior Business and Finance Manager and has the following general responsibilities in the JCP Business Office, in the areas of finance, human resources, and general operations of the organization:
Audit and Reporting
Human Resources Operations
The ideal candidate will have:
This position is open for immediate hire. To express interest in this unique professional opportunity, please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to Alex Kogan, at Jobs@jcpdowntown.org.
Tiferet Academy is looking to hire a Operations and Finance Manager for the 2013-2014 school year to help run and support the operations and finances of the school.
Opening in September 2013, Tiferet Academy seeks to be at the forefront of re-imagining the classroom of the future. By leveraging cutting edge technology and educational best practices we aim to both promote the highest quality of education and realize cost savings over the previous generation of classrooms. Tiferet Academy aims to become a child-centered K-8 elementary school.
We take a project-based and blended approach to education through a combination of traditional face-to-face, online, and peer-led learning. Our curriculum is geared towards helping students become enthusiastic learners, analytical thinkers, problem solvers, and ultimately, successful leaders in their communities and industries. We are committed to achieving excellence in both Judaic and secular studies, preparing students for scholastic, social and financial success in the evolving modern world, while instilling a strong love for Torah and Mitzvot, Am Yisrael and Eretz Yisrael, and other Jewish values.
The Operations and Finance Manager position requires someone who is highly organized, a savvy user of technology and other organizational resources, and who works well with others. He or she will possess the ability to set priorities, implement multiple projects, handle details, and work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Financial operations – reviewing financial statements, budget, and audit and ensuring compliance with filing requirements, federal and state.
• Banking and investments – making deposits, cash balances, “investment portfolio”, maintaining relationship with the bank manager and our accountant.
• Payroll and benefits – withholding and reporting, monitoring health insurance coverage, comparison shopping and addressing individual staff problems
• Purchasing and accounts payable – efficient purchasing system and monitoring of budget variances
• Accounts receivable, including financial aid – billing, collections (current year and past year), overseeing enrollment process including: generating enrollment contracts (together with Head of School and Board), liaison with Application & Enrollment System Vendor (e.g., TADS, FACTS), liaison with Finance Committee on tuition setting and Financial Aid distribution, and fielding financial aid appeal
• Vendor Management – liaison with Dept. of Ed. and vendors (Title Funds, MSA-Mandated State Ed, BEDS form)
• Support office staff – coordinating events
• Communication – manage school communications (website, Facebook, Twitter, mailings) and addressing individual parent problems (in conjunction with Head of School)
• Scheduling – busing, arrivals and dismissals
• Logistics – Coordinating with facilities (e.g., security, deliveries)
• Professional development The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of successful experience.
The advertised position offers competitive compensation.
Tiferet Academy has the ability to offer health and welfare benefits to employees.
Please apply by completing the application form online at www.tiferet.org/jobs and by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congregation Rodeph Sholom, a large, dynamic Reform synagogue with budget in excess of 20 million and 300 plus employees on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, seeks a Human Resources professional experienced with managing payroll, benefits and compliance as well as experience with complying with applicable employment laws. This Coordinator-level position reports to the Controller and works closely with the Director of Human Resources, and is accountable for administrating all human resources and payroll functions (see typical activities below).
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and internal HR procedures
Coordinate benefits process including but not limited to health, life, disability, retirement plans
Collaborate with HR Committee and other Department Heads
Process weekly and monthly payrolls
Generate and submit weekly and monthly payroll summaries and other reports
Track sick, personal and vacation time for staff
A/R reconciliations for all benefits accounts
Manage year-end payroll activities
Report employment statistics to EEOC and workers’ compensation claims to OSHA
Knowledge – the individual understands office administration, with an understanding of human resource and payroll administrative processes including applicable rules and regulations
Analytical – the individual must maintain accuracy and attention to detail
Organizational – the individual must maintain excellent order among all personnel and accounting records
Judgment – the individual must demonstrate effective decision-making skills
Communication – the individual must possess excellent interpersonal and written skills
Technical – the individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and experience with payroll and HRIS software
Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
Must possess honesty, trustworthy and ethical attributes
Must possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Education - completed college degree and 3 years of relevant work experience which includes some supervision or managerial experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified applicants should submit Resumes and Cover Letters along with salary expectations (with “HR and Payroll Coordinator” in the subject line of email) to email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CRS does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of one’s actual or perceived race; color; religion; sex/gender (including gender identity); creed; sexual orientation; marital status; pregnancy; ethnicity; national origin; ancestry; age; disability; alienage/citizenship status; arrest or conviction record (consistent with the provisions of New York State’s Corrections Law); partnership status; familial status; military service; status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses; veteran status; genetic pre-disposition or carrier status; or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at CRS are made in a non-discriminatory manner and are based on qualifications, abilities, and merit. As may be permitted by law, certain Rodeph Sholom positions will be filled by persons of the Jewish faith as a bona fide occupational qualification. CRS also prohibits, and will not tolerate, any form of retaliation or reprisal against any employee who reasonably and in good faith complains of discrimination or harassment or provides information in connection with any such complaint.
FOR MORE DETAIL AND TO APPLY:
Join the Union for Reform Judaism as we Strengthen synagogues and the Jewish community; Inspire the next generation; Lead in the pursuit of social justice; Partner with congregations in their sacred work; Provide valuable and unparalleled congregational resources.
The Director of Finance is responsible for planning, directing and controlling the financial and insurance functions of the Union for Reform Judaism, Canadian Council of Reform Judaism and the Union for Reform Judaism Canada.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems and Financial Controls:
- Reports to Chief Financial Officer, with “dotted line” reporting to the Senior Vice President in the capacity of Chief Administrative Officer in Canada.
- Oversee all financial operations and direct corporate financial planning and structure
- Manage the financial system, ensuing maximum productivity and that it meets the needs of the business today and the future
- Oversee the continuous improvement of Accounting and Financial Processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Develop, implement and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firm and review and analyze the results and recommend for approval the Audited Financial Statements
- Proficiency in all aspects of non-profit accounting and all pertinent GAAP and regulations
- Responsible for all corporate insurance and related activities; serve as lead staff liaison to Insurance Committee
- Develop Finance and Accounting team goals that are fully aligned with the Union’s goals
- Lead and coach the team to recruit and retain high caliber staff
- Provide coaching, guidance and support, set professional development plans to assist employees to reach their full potential through the Performance Management process.
- Ensure the team delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental and cross foundation teamwork and customer service
- Ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals
- Responsible for Financial Management Reporting for the Union
- Develop and prepare a monthly Management Reporting Package
- Present monthly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results
- Develop regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required
Budgeting and Financial Modeling
- Assist the CFO in the annual business plan development and budgeting process
- Assist the CFO in the quarterly outlook process
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to Affiliates as needed.
Customer Service & Communication
- Ensure consistent service delivery in a consultative and solutions-based capacity to all levels of staff and volunteers with regard to financially related Union plans, policies and procedures by the Finance Team.
- Special Projects as assigned by Senior Management Team
- 10 years working knowledge in accounting and finance with at least 6 years supervisory experience.
- You must have experience with all key areas mentioned. Public company experience preferred but not required. Experience in non-profit accounting a bonus.
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- You must have a passion for getting things done, and an appreciation for details. You must believe in continual process improvement, but you must be ready to jump in to handle fires as they occur.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Knowledge of Financial and ERP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
FOR MORE DETAIL AND TO APPLY:
We need an administrative assistant / data entry specialist
*Scheduling travel itineraries
*Expense reimbursement and reporting
*Editing, proofreading and formatting PowerPoint presentations
*Other administrative duties
Working hours: 9:00AM-1:00PM
*3-5 years of experience working in an administrative role with support to mid-level management
*Excellent written and oral communication skills
*Detail oriented and excellent time management
*Must be able to handle high pressure situations and to work in a very fast paced environment
*Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
Specialty retailer in midtown Manhattan needs a part time assistant bookkeeper. Duties would include processing of accounts payable, assisting with cash and credit card receipts and application, limited general ledger work and filing. Hours are flexible and we are looking for 25-30 hours per week. Pay based on experience but around $400.00 for a 30 hour week.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filed under: Accounting.
• This position requires excellent organizational skill, light bookkeeping and a wide variety of public relations functions. An Employee in this job will typically be delegated the authority to create, coordinate and manage announcements to members and to various standard and modern social media, and be a self starter
• Effectively utilize excel and bookkeeping software to post and retrieve income and expense records, and create reports, as needed.
• Effectively utilize word processing to create, process, maintain and disseminate a consistent stream and variety of attractive, effective flyers, announcements and press releases
• Compile and analyze information from a variety of media sources to analyze publicity effectiveness.
• Coordinate scheduling arrangements for events with bulletin and calendar committees
• Ability to utilize social media; Facebook, web skills and good telephone skills — a must
• Excellent computer and social media literacy
• Good knowledge of office support functions including word processing, excel, filing, book-keeping, web posting to social media, composing variety of documents, reception, gathering and compiling data, and balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects. Excellent people skills a must.
• Excellent language and communications skills, a strong desire to help, to create informational flyers, social networking skills, attention to detail, experience with Word & Excel, capacity and willingness to do data entry.
Bonus: Experience creating buzz, keeping books.
Help synagogue and community members with any questions or concerns and communicate with clergy, Presidents and EMJC staff.
Compensation: Please send requirements.
Work 24 hours a week to start — flexible hours available.
Able to start immediately
East Midwood Jewish Center is a dynamic, well-established congregation that is looking to expand its presence in the community.
To apply: send a cover email saying why you would be good at the above with a subject line that includes the phrase “good marketing & administrative assistant” with your resume attached. No phone calls please.
SEND TO Info@emjc.org
Growing footwear company located in Midtown Manhattan looking for an assistant bookkeeper to post daily checks and cash, and chargeback research, . No previous accounting or bookkeeping experience required, but is a big plus. Proficiency and high comfort in microsoft excel is an absolute must.