Seeking a development professional as fundraising-only hire for our growing educational organization. Develops, cultivates and manages donors; creates, organizes and implements fundraising strategies and tactics; recruits, organizes and trains volunteer workers; maintains files of prospects; meets with individuals, committees and organizations to solicit for the organizations; prepares necessary reports; develops detailed knowledge of the community and trends associated with area of solicitation; carries out various functions otherwise assigned; participates on committees, at special events or other activities.
I. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Cultivate one-to-one relationship with donors
Identify prospective donors through networking, programming, events,
outreach and engagement strategies
Direct solicitation of donors and prospects together with the Board of Directors
Serve as Donor Relationships Manager to develop, implement and manage
donor gifts in the range of $1,800 - $9,999
Research donors and participate in strategic planning for individual
and family outreach
Create and maintain donor files, follow up on donor meetings, and
strive to build enduring donor relationships
Create meaningful opportunities for volunteer leaders to be involved
in donor cultivation and development and train and support volunteer
leaders by developing strategies for meetings, events, and appropriate
Establish and maintain an ongoing relationship with each of the
identified donors and, as needed, other family members
Track and strive to meet fundraising goals
Track and encourage the growth of donors
Stay organized on current donors, lapsed and prospects
II. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree is required
4-6 years of experience in a development or related position
with a non-profit fundraising organization, including four years of
experience supporting a successful fundraising campaign, is required.
Broad knowledge of institutions, agencies and programs of the Jewish
community is required.
Strong stewardship and solicitation skills, consistent with donor
development and fundraising
Proven track record in working with high-net worth individuals, major gifts
Knowledge of donor databases and research tools
Strong presentation, organization and time-management skills,
including the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and maintain
a high level of accuracy with attention to detail
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Integrity and proven capacity to manage confidential information
Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and be
Strong analytical skills
Leadership qualities, which include a passion for excellence,
strategic vision, and diplomacy
A highly motivated self-starter with a confident and outgoing personality
Willingness to work evenings, weekends or irregular hours as necessary
to interact with donors and prospects and attend relevant meetings and
Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Word,
Harlem Hebrew Language Academy Charter School is a new K-5 dual-language public charter school serving a diverse population and committed to academic excellence and Hebrew language proficiency that will open in NYC CSD 3 in August 2013 with 156 students in grades K & 1.
We seek dynamic, caring, dedicated, and professional educators who would relish the opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues, a diverse student body and an innovative program for the 2013-2014 school year.
Current opportunities include:
All Hebrew teachers must be fluent speakers, readers and writers of Modern Hebrew. Degree in early childhood or elementary education; classroom experience a must; ability to differentiate instruction for different learning styles and needs.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume in English email@example.com
Competitive compensation package
Equal opportunity employer
Full-time teachers wanted for progressive, non-denominational Jewish Day School with children ages 3 through fifth grade. Must be fluent in Hebrew and able to integrate Judaic studies and secular studies.
Degree in progressive early childhood or elementary education; classroom experience a must; knowledge of Jewish tradition, practice and culture; ability to differentiate instruction for different learning styles and needs.
Citizenship, Green Card or appropriate Visa to permit work in US. Please email resumes (IN ENGLISH) using the link below.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. For more information: www.beitrabban.org/work-at-beit-rabban/
Title insurance Office position
Seeking Female, Full time employee.
Hours: 9 -5 ,
Expectations: Highly motivated and goal oriented individual. Ability to work well independently in a fast paced environment, meeting deadlines, organizing workload, and maintaining accurate files.
Job Role: Must be Conscientious, Reliable and accountable for tasks and responsibilities.
Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing and attention to detail.
Title insurance experience a plus.
Please call 845-641-0108 and leave a message.
TEMPLE DE HIRSCH SINAI
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
Temple De Hirsch Sinai (TDHS) is a 1500-family, diverse, two-campus synagogue located in the greater Seattle area. We seek a versatile, energetic Executive Director to lead our administrative staff and partner with our clergy in fulfilling our mission of being a congregation at the forefront of Reform Judaism. Employment will begin during the calendar fourth quarter of 2013. Ideal candidates will have relevant experience with complex organizations, will have an understanding of and passion for Reform Judaism, will enjoy a fast moving and sometimes unpredictable pace, will thrive on multitasking, and will bring to our historic congregation the best of modern management techniques and skills. In partnership with the clergy and Board of Trustees, our new Executive Director will both manage current needs and be a key leader in anticipating, planning and strategizing for the future.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Trustees, and shares overall authority with the Senior Rabbi, who also reports to the Board. As the senior administrator of the congregation, the Executive Director is responsible and accountable for all operations of the congregation. Specifically these functions include:
There are many skills and attributes required of a successful candidate. These include, but are not limited to:
TDHS offers a competitive salary and benefit package, commensurate with experience. The current Executive Director retires at the end of calendar 2013. Our new Executive Director will begin work on a mutually agreeable date during the fourth quarter of 2013 that allows for some overlap with the outgoing ED.
Applicants should submit qualifications no later than March 30, 2013, to EDSearch@tdhs-nw.org
Information should include:
If there are questions, please direct those to the Search Committee at the email address above.
The Judaic Studies Department of Magen David Academy, a secular International school in Panama, Republic of Panama is looking for a Judaic Studies Teacher for the 2013-14 (5774) school year in Bible, Talmud, and Jewish History for Jr. High and High School.
· Successful experience as a teacher.
· Orthodox Jewish practice
· Excellent communication skills-verbal and written.
· Work in a collaborative model with other teachers.
· Background and experience in Orthodox Jewish practice, curriculum design and instruction.
· Experience with integrating technology into the classroom.
· Ability to engage and inspire students, parents, and families.
Salary is in US Dollars
INTERVIEWS: Please send your resume to schedule an interview to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miami, Florida: March 4th and 5th only.
New York: March 7th, 8th and 9th only.
The Jewish Funders Network is an international network that provides leadership, programs and services to help Jewish grant makers be more effective and strategic in their philanthropy.
The Director of Member Services is responsible for developing JFN’s Relationship Management strategy including membership recruitment and retention. The Director is also tasked with identifying opportunities to cultivate interconnectedness between members, enhancing the value proposition and membership experience towards strengthening the network’s overall impact in the Jewish world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
JFN offers a competitive compensation and benefits program. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, salary expectations and three professional references to email@example.com – please include “Director Member Services” in the subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.
FOR MORE DETAIL AND TO APPLY:
Join the Union for Reform Judaism as we Strengthen synagogues and the Jewish community; Inspire the next generation; Lead in the pursuit of social justice; Partner with congregations in their sacred work; Provide valuable and unparalleled congregational resources.
The Director of Finance is responsible for planning, directing and controlling the financial and insurance functions of the Union for Reform Judaism, Canadian Council of Reform Judaism and the Union for Reform Judaism Canada.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems and Financial Controls:
- Reports to Chief Financial Officer, with “dotted line” reporting to the Senior Vice President in the capacity of Chief Administrative Officer in Canada.
- Oversee all financial operations and direct corporate financial planning and structure
- Manage the financial system, ensuing maximum productivity and that it meets the needs of the business today and the future
- Oversee the continuous improvement of Accounting and Financial Processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Develop, implement and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firm and review and analyze the results and recommend for approval the Audited Financial Statements
- Proficiency in all aspects of non-profit accounting and all pertinent GAAP and regulations
- Responsible for all corporate insurance and related activities; serve as lead staff liaison to Insurance Committee
- Develop Finance and Accounting team goals that are fully aligned with the Union’s goals
- Lead and coach the team to recruit and retain high caliber staff
- Provide coaching, guidance and support, set professional development plans to assist employees to reach their full potential through the Performance Management process.
- Ensure the team delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental and cross foundation teamwork and customer service
- Ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals
- Responsible for Financial Management Reporting for the Union
- Develop and prepare a monthly Management Reporting Package
- Present monthly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results
- Develop regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required
Budgeting and Financial Modeling
- Assist the CFO in the annual business plan development and budgeting process
- Assist the CFO in the quarterly outlook process
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to Affiliates as needed.
Customer Service & Communication
- Ensure consistent service delivery in a consultative and solutions-based capacity to all levels of staff and volunteers with regard to financially related Union plans, policies and procedures by the Finance Team.
- Special Projects as assigned by Senior Management Team
- 10 years working knowledge in accounting and finance with at least 6 years supervisory experience.
- You must have experience with all key areas mentioned. Public company experience preferred but not required. Experience in non-profit accounting a bonus.
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- You must have a passion for getting things done, and an appreciation for details. You must believe in continual process improvement, but you must be ready to jump in to handle fires as they occur.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Knowledge of Financial and ERP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
FOR MORE DETAIL AND TO APPLY:
LOOKING FOR PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT STATES HOTEL STORES RESTAURANTS AND CONSTRUCTION SITES. CASHIERS BABYSITTERS FRONT DESK AND HOUSEKEEPERS.
DEAR EMPLOYERS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO OFFER A JOB TO PEOPLE WHO CAN DO DO IT RIGHT AND PROFESSIONALLY CALL 1(718)772-4818 BORIS 1(407)802-6627. MAKE Address 1815 Ave U Brooklyn NY.
Filed under: Bronx, Brooklyn, Child Care, Connecticut, Construction, Delivery, Five Towns, Food Service, Full Time, General, Hotel and Leisure, Job Categories, Job Locations, Long Island, Monroe, Monsey, NYC, NYJJB Featured Jobs, New Jersey, Office Work, Queens, Sales, Staffing, Staten Island, Summer Jobs, Transportation, Upstate-Catskills, Warehouse, Westchester.